Firmly planted in downtown Jackson, we set out to be a focal point for urban rebirth. Designed to be the modern incarnation of ye old Public Houses, Grand River Brewery serves as a gathering spot for families, friends, lovers, politicians, and entertainers.
We have hosted birthdays, retirements, fundraisers, political rallies, television shows, pig roasts, concerts, wakes, rehearsal dinners, farewell lunches, intimate engagements, weddings, bible studies, worship services, office parties, and private gourmet dinners. Not only have we created an atmosphere for larger gatherings but also a spot where locals can gather to have a couple beers with friends.
We started with an 85 year old building that was empty and in a state of disrepair. Outdated, neglected and covered in graffiti, we totally renovated it from the ground up. We installed a new floor, windows, electrical, lighting, heating, air conditioning, plumbing, paint, kitchen, column vodka still and a 15 barrel steam powered brew house. Decorated in a steampunk motif (think Willy Wonka meets Mad Max) and warm colors, Grand River Brewery is a truly unique space.
Did you know:
- GRB employs over 27 full-time equivalent employees
- 7 GRB employees live in the downtown area
- 4 key management employees moved to Jackson from out of state, just to work at GRB
- GRB pays over $20,000 in local taxes per year
- GRB pays over $100,000 in state taxes per year
- GRB uses only Michigan grown Hops in our beers
- GRB uses only Michigan grown Grapes in our wines
- GRB uses only Michigan grown Apples & Cherries in our hard ciders
- GRB recycles our spent grain for bread in our restaurant and also to feed cattle at a local farm
- GRB has our own Organic Farm to grow vegetables for our restaurant
- Almost everything in our restaurant is made from scratch
- Most of our food for the restaurant comes from within 75 miles of GRB
- We recycle all of our waste food from the kitchen
- GRB financially, along with our partners at Jet’s Pizza in Chelsea, support the Project 418 Orphanage in Haiti
- GRB has the best, most eclectic, fun staff in the entire state
- We love being part of our community!